Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gemma

It is with a very heavy heart that I post the news of Gemma’s passing. Last week I had to say goodbye to Gemma.  I was there with her when she came into this world and I am thankful at least that I could be with her when she left.  She died far too young.  She was diagnosed with blastomycosis and unfortunately any chance of her surviving was extremely unlikely.  Her family and I made the decision to help her pass peacefully and end her struggle…sometimes this is the last act of kindness we can show to our dogs.  My grief is still very raw.  

Many thanks to the wonderful vets who helped to care for Gemma and my love and thanks to the Griffith family who opened their hearts and home to Gemma this past spring.  

Gemma (CH Northrock Diamond in the Ruff CGN) 
February 7, 2014 to August 27, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment