Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

We headed north to spend Thanksgiving weekend at the cottage.  This year I am thankful for so many things and the weather that we got to enjoy with our family was one of them.  It was absolutely spectacular.  So now that I am home again I thought I would upload a few photos and videos of our weekend in the great outdoors.
What a nut...you think she could have found herself a smaller stick!



 This video will forever remind me of the bliss of being at the cottage with a dog.  It was morning time and I was still wearing my fuzzy slippers, p.j.'s and robe.  The air was cool and crisp and it was sunny and gorgeous outside so I grabbed my camera and headed down to the water.  Sophie of course tagged along.  I took lots of photos of the trees and water and Sophie was begging me to throw something, anything for her so I grabbed a stick and tossed it in for her.  I love it... water retrieves in pajamas!
The "girls" went for a canoe ride together...while we were out paddling we thought we would try to find the beaver dam we knew was around somewhere... and ta da...we found it!
 
The evenings and nights were just as nice as the days... beautiful sunsets, still water and starry skies.

Thanksgiving Delights

On Thanksgiving Day we’re thankful for
Our blessings all year through,
For family we dearly love,
For good friends, old and new.
For sun to light and warm our days,
For stars that glow at night,
For trees of green and skies of blue,
And puffy clouds of white.

We’re grateful for our eyes that see
The beauty all around,
For arms to hug, and legs to walk,
And ears to hear each sound.

The list of all we’re grateful for
Would fill a great big book;
Our thankful hearts find new delights
Everywhere we look!

By Joanna Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment